Sunday, February 13, 2011

Adventure Tales - Part I



It has been a while since I wrote the last time. Actually I was lost in the things that life kept shooting on me. Busy sultry time, as it had to, passed by and that is when I realized that I had stopped penning down my thoughts. After that I could not resist myself from thinking of an interesting subject to write on.

Now when I sit back and think, it dawns upon me that a subject is actually not all that important. What is the most important thing is the will to start writing again.

After back tracking through the bizarre incidents of my life during the previous few months, there is one day filled with adventure that I would like to relive.

The day began like a normal outing day. We began our journey from the New Delhi Airport in the mini bus. Kishan-Kanhaiya (of the group), my husband, myself and 6 other Gopi’s were on our way to Ranikhet. Late in the evening , it started drizzling, reducing visibility to the bear minimum and our bus was winding around the steep roads of the mountains.

But then came a time when actually even though tired of the full day long journey, we all sat straight staring at the road in front of us which actually could not be seen. The rain water was gushing down the mountainous slopes and it covered the road that lay in its path. The driver was scared to drive past the flooded road, as were we. We were stuck in the middle of a sprawling jungle and could not remember any hotels on our way back for atleast 100 km. Then a car from the opposite side of the road came towards the flooded road and halted. Both the vehicles stared at each other with their eyes (head lights) wide open, and giving a sympathetic look. Or was it an illusion of our eyes. Yes it was only an illusion that we had seen, because the other car had halted only to gauge the speed and depth of the water moving down the road. And after making a full analysis of the situation that lay ahead, the car sped by past the road that was covered by the speeding water and then past us. We sat staring at the road and then at the slowly dimming back lights of the car. Now we all along with the driver were sure that our mini bus could pass the flooded road easily. The driver explained that he was unsure of crossing the road as he had an added responsibility of us. Oh, it felt like watching some hindi horror movie, where after screaming on top of your voices you realize that it was only a cat!!!!!

We started our journey towards Ranikhet again but this time we had lost our sleepy eyes somewhere while crossing the adventure and water flooded road.

To read what happened next, follow the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment